Sunday, June 28, 2015

Creativity and New Media

I joined Second Life, a virtual reality media technology.


 My username is SN090912. I chose an avatar with professional attire. After picking an avatar and creating my account, I was taken here.


I began exploring the features of the software. At the bottom of the screen there are Chat, Speak, Destination, People, Profile, Walk/Run/Fly, Camera Control and How To buttons. By selecting any of these buttons a window opens up. In this screen I have the chat open. Two other avatars are chatting. I also have the walk/run/fly window open (you can also use your arrows keypad to navigate). I used the fly option to reach this location of the original destination I was brought to. I then opened up the Destination window, where a 10 categories are available. I chose International Destinations and then Brazil Rio.


Here I confirm I want to be teleported to this new destination.



In this screen I am now in Brazil Rio.
 Because of my new location I decide to change my outfit.  By using the tabs on the left side of the screen I open up my inventory window and appearance window. I remove the original clothes I was wearing and choose new ones.
 I walked on over to a shopping area of the new location and even have the option to shop for new shoes! *For some reason the clothes I selected still had not updated to my avatar (working on getting that fixed)*

No comments:

Post a Comment